Active Directory Capacity Planning Guide Released
Posted by Awinish on October 30, 2012
I was helping at the Technet forum & came to know, that there is a recent article on the domain controller capacity planning guide which was not available earlier. The white paper contains comprehensive lists along with the recommendation on virtualization of the domain controller. It specify lot of information helps in sizing Active Directory & domain controllers from RAM to processor, storage to network. Its really a very good document on the sizing of the domain controllers. It has also listed performance parameter, profile sizing etc. information.
Anyone working on the AD sizing projects, it can be really very helpful in sizing & recommending the AD infrastructure as per MS standards. It also covers vast information on the domain controller virtualization sizing & standards.
Capacity Planning for Active Directory Domain Services
Th content topic inside the Technet URL (referred above) has been listed below.
- Evaluating Current Capacity Consumed
- Monitoring For Compliance With Capacity Planning Goals
- Appendix A: CPU Sizing Criteria
- Appendix B: Considerations Regarding Different Processor Speeds, and the Effect of Processor Power Management on Processor Speeds
- Appendix C: Fundamentals Regarding the Operating System Interacting with Storage
This entry was posted on October 30, 2012 at 11:43 and is filed under Directory Services. Tagged: AD Capcity Planner. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.