My system’s OS was corrupt due to virus attack & i was helpless, because of malfunctioning of my DVD(Blu Ray drive) drive. I decided to buy another DVD drive of the same model, but found its too expensive for the my pocket. My laptop is Sony Vaio & parts of the Sony vaio are too costly. Since, the DVD drive on my system is rarely used & spending money just for installing OS, i was not comfortable to spend the money. Also, if these DVD drives are not been used, you never know how long they will function & requires you to empty your pocket.
I decided to search online what others used to do, when they are into similar situations like me. I found there are options available to install OS using USB/Pen drive. I found a cool utility named Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool which can convert ISO image to a bootable image on the USB drive & the same USB drive can be used to install OS. The utility is very simple & it worked flawlessly for me during conversion of windows 7 ISO to USB bootable image. I also find the tool can also create a bootable Disc too from ISO file.
Steps to create a bootable USB drive are:
- Download & Install the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
- Open the tool by clicking on it.
- Locate the ISO file of the OS needs to be converted by clicking on the Browse button.
- Click Next.
- Connect the USB device. Make sure it is at least 4 GB, if the selected OS is windows 7.
- Choose a media type by clicking on the USB Device.
- You will see USB device appears.
- Finally, click on copying & once done you are ready to use for the OS installtion.
Note: You need to enable boot from USB or External devices in Bios on the system loaded with new OS.
You can download the USB tool from the below link.
Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
Using the Windows 7 USB Download Tool with ANY .iso file